Hometown: Oshkosh, WI

PSU Connection: Employee

School: College of Information Sciences and Technology

Department: Undergraduate Advising

Position: Academic Advisor

Memorable moment in your Penn State career: I was honored to be able to spend three years teaching Air Force ROTC at Penn State. I was able to help mentor and lead some of the greatest young minds who will lead the Air Force in the next generation.

Active Duty or Veteran: Veteran

Branch: Air Force

Rank: Lieutenant Colonel

Rate/MOS: Navigator

Where/when did you serve: Florida, Arkansas, Texas, Germany, Virginia, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. Multiple deployments to the Middle East; 1996 – 2019

Awards: Air Medal, Joint Service Medal, Air Force Meritorious Service Medal

What was your favorite military assignment/duty station and why? I enjoyed every assignment, the people were what made every location great. Learning to fly the C-130 in Texas to exploring Europe with my family, we had a great and rewarding career. Even deploying five times, the people made it go by fast. We still have friends from our first assignment and can’t wait to go back to Europe to see things we didn’t see while we lived there. The Air Force allowed me to check off 48 states and 53 countries in my 23 years.

Chris Sebora, Air Force, Lt Col (ret), was selected to be a C-130 Navigator. After his first assignment, Chris went on to teach at the Basic Navigator school helping students earn their wings. He held various assignments including staff assignments providing command and control to airlift operations across the globe.  Chris was assigned to Penn State teaching Air Force ROTC.  He fell in love with area and decided to stay.  Chris now works in the College of Information Sciences and Technology at Penn State.

Submit A Profile

Submit a profile of your favorite service-connected Penn Stater.

Other Profiles

View profiles of other service-connected Penn Staters.