Hometown: San Diego, CA

PSU Connection: Employee

School: World Campus

Department: Marketing

Position: Director of Military Education

Memorable moment in your Penn State career: The most incredible moment during my career was the day I was hired by Penn State. I have been living the dream ever since. My job, or as I like to say, my “calling” is to help other military personnel, their spouses and veterans understand the importance of an education and then introduce them to an incredible academic institution as Penn State University and our World Campus has been nothing short of spectacular. Our World Campus team and leadership over the years have been both inspiring and supportive. I love this institution and how it can quite possibly change the lives for the better for our military and veteran community.

Active Duty or Veteran: Veteran

Branch: Marine Corps

Rank: Lieutenant Colonel

Rate/MOS: Field Artillery

Where/when did you serve: Had the privilege to lead Marines for 28 years. I served on both the east and west coasts and traveled to over 20 countries.

Awards: Was awarded many medals but the biggest “reward” was leading the great young Marines with whom I served.

What was your favorite military assignment/duty station and why? Nothing beats my Command tours in Hawaii. 3 different commands in 3 years. My best staff position was when I served in Okinawa, Japan where I traveled to multiple countries and trained with foreign military units. The most rewarding deployment was when I led task forces in Indonesia and Thailand to bring aid and relief to those suffering from the devastating earthquake and tsunami.

Gregory Francis Bond, USMC, LtCol (ret), is currently the Director of Military Education for Wold Campus at The Pennsylvania State University. Gregory comes from a family of Marines with his father and brother also serving. He credits his parents for instilling the values of integrity and service for making him a better leader. “Mission first and people always” is his mantra. Gregory spent 28 years in service spending time in over 20 countries while in service. His biggest reward was serving with young Marines with whom he still keeps in contact with to this day.

Submit A Profile

Submit a profile of your favorite service-connected Penn Stater.

Other Profiles

View profiles of other service-connected Penn Staters.