Family: Charles Kacsur

Station/Living: Boilling Springs, PA

Branch: Army

Rank: Colonel

PSU Connection: Graduate

Family was key to 30 years of service to the Nation in the US Army. Without their love and support, I could not have continued on a military career that was a calling for me. Like all military families, serving meant many, many moves throughout the United States and overseas or that I was away for long stretches of time. They supported each move and then some. For example, I was honored to serve as a battalion commander at Fort Riley, Kansas. It was a two-year tour of duty. The battalion command tour was finished at the end of October. I suggested to my wife and sons that they move early in August to our new duty station. The boys could start school without having to transfer during the school year, which happened when we moved to Fort Riley. The next day my oldest son, who was in high school at the time, came to me, after talking with his younger brothers. Saying they wanted to stay and see me through this “command thing.” The family stayed and the boys jumped into their new schools in late October. That is the love and support of a military family.

Submit A Family Profile

Submit a profile of your favorite service-connected Penn State family.

Other Family Profiles

View profiles of other service-connected Penn State families.